MECX Medical Ltd. respects the privacy of its customers and visitors to its website and is committed to protecting the privacy of the Personal Data (defined below) that you share with us.
Please read this Privacy Statement before using MECX Medical Websites or submitting personal information to us.
2. Definition of Personal Data?
“Personal Data” is any information that identifies you, or from which you could be identified, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identified or one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic or social identity. Personal Data includes subsets of special categories of information that reveal information about your health, among other things.
3. Why MECX Medical processes your Personal Data
- to perform a contract with you, such as where you sign up or register for our services;
- to comply with local EU laws, such as in relation to product safety;
- to fulfil its legitimate business interest in doing so, such as for direct marketing or for research purposes or to defend MECX Medical;
- to protect an individual’s vital interests, such as in relation to the provision of medical care;
- where there is a public interest to do so, such as for scientific research purposes or in relation to national health care services; or
- where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data.
4. Duration your Personal Data is held
Your Personal Data will be stored for as long as it is needed to provide you with: (i) the MECX Medical service or product that you have requested; and/or (ii) access to the MECX Medical Websites. Alternatively, your Personal Data will also be stored for as long as we require it to respond to your queries and concerns or in accordance with any legal requirements, including those in relation to product or medical device safety.
5. How MECX Medical keeps your Personal Data Secure
6. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You may have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
• The right to rectify, or erase any wrong or incomplete Personal Data that MECX Medical holds about you;
• The right to access the Personal Data that MECX Medical holds about you;
• The right, in some cases, to object to the processing of your Personal Data where we process it on the basis of our legitimate business interests;
• Where you have provided your Personal Data to us with your consent or as part of a contract, the right to the portability of that Personal Data to another person or, if it’s technically feasible for us to do so, to another company;
• The right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority or to receive compensation for any damage you suffer; and
• The right to withdraw your consent to MECX Medical’s processing of your Personal Data without detriment, where you have provided consent for MECX Medical to process your Personal Data.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before responding to any request you submit.
Where you have been asked to consent to the processing of your Personal Data, we will provide you with an opportunity to withdraw your consent. There may be several methods by which you can withdraw consent, such as by contacting us directly or by deleting an MECX Medical mobile app from your smartphone. In each case you will be given information about how to withdraw consent. Any withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal. Please also note that where you withdraw consent, MECX Medical will only stop processing your Personal Data that relates to the withdrawal of consent.
MECX Medical may still need to process Personal Data where:
- we are required to do so by law;
- we have a legitimate business interest to do so, such as in connection with the sale or transfer of our product lines or divisions;
- necessary to respond to authorised information requests from government authorities
- necessary to address national security situations; or
- otherwise required by law to which we are subject.
7. MECX Medical’s use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies
MECX Medical may use “cookies” to collect other information during an individual’s visit to the MECX Medical Website, such as the particular site areas visited, and the services utilised through our website. We collect this information to better tailor our site and our products to your interests and needs. Cookies may also be used to help speed up your future activities on our site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided Personal Data to use and refrain from requesting the same information a second time. Most browsers are initially set to accept a cookie. Cookies may be disabled by the individual visitor, although refusal of cookies at the site may result in an inability to visit certain areas of the site or to receive personalised information when visiting the site.
In addition, we are constantly trying to improve how we promote our websites. To help us do this, we may measure the effectiveness of our web presence by determining when you accessed the MECX Medical Websites, and what you clicked on within our site. Site measurement statistics may be used to personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate – anonymously and on an aggregated basis – statistics about usage of the website. Information about your computer, such as your IP address, the type of Internet browser you are using and the operating system you are using may also be collected and linked to your Personal Data. This is to ensure that the MECX Medical Websites presents the best web experience.
Some of the pages an individual visit may also collect information through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs) that may be shared with third parties which directly support MECX Medical’s promotional activities and website development. For example, website usage information about visitors to the MECX Medical Websites may be shared with our third-party advertising agency in order to better target Internet banner advertisements on the MECX Medical Websites. The information collected through the use of these pixel tags is not, however, personally identifiable, although it could be linked to an individual’s Personal Data.